Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hitting The Road

Since SSMT got all wrapped up, there hasn’t been a whole lot to write about. Headed back to the old stomping grounds out east, and took some time to decompress. Spending time with the family, catching up with friends, and trying to figure out far too many aspects of life. Got to get some solid rides in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, back on what I consider my old stomping grounds. Think what you may about riding along the New Jersey roads, but these roads put a smile on my face, with steep climbs and sweeping turns. Same goes for riding along the Delaware River in PA, it seemed like I had the roads all to myself, and for the first time in a long time, I felt like there wasn’t any crap clogging up the old noggin.

Now that I got all the cobwebs cleaned out of my head, its time to head home. The plan is to take the long way stopping at various institutions to figure out my next move. Gonna head south, then west, and finally back north. One highlight will be working as Dejay’s pit guy for the 24 Hour Nationals in Moab in a few weeks. Hopefully he will have the legs and the noggin to keep me motivated to stay up the entire night of 24 hour race without the possibility of actually getting to ride. Aside from that I have a list of places to get rides in on the way home, those rides that people tell you that you "have" to do. Then the trip will come to end once I get back home, with old man winters first appearance right around the bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment